Undergraduate Module Descriptor
ARA2165: Intermediate Turkish II
This module descriptor refers to the 2016/7 academic year.
This module aims to develop student skills in reading, writing and speaking Turkish, continuing on from Intermediate Turkish (ARA2164, In term 1). The module has the specific aims of developing students' knowledge of the Turkish grammar, Turkish language and literature, through the reading of Intermediate level Turkish texts; capacity to carry on conversations in Turkish at Intermediate level; deeper understanding of the importance of the Turkish language and civilization in the broader context of Islamic civilization and culture.
|On successfully completing the programme you will be able to:|
|Module-Specific Skills||1. demonstrate mastery of grasp of intermediate Turkish grammar|
2. have the ability to read intermediate texts in Turkish
3. have the capacity to carry on intermediate level conversation in Turkish
4. acquire a basic understanding of the importance of Turkish language and civilisation in the broader context of Islamic civilisation and culture
|Discipline-Specific Skills||5. have the ability to identify, describe and manipulate a range of linguistic forms and structures in reading, writing, and conversation|
6. be able to assimilate basic information about another culture
|Personal and Key Skills||7. develop time management skills and ability to conduct independent study, as well as to work in groups in conversation and text-based work|
8. demonstrate confidence in the use of a foreign language and will be able to use the language laboratory