Undergraduate Module Descriptor
ARA3149: Ethno-Politics: Theoretical Considerations and Case Studies
This module descriptor refers to the 2016/7 academic year.
The primary aims of the module are:
(1) to familiarise you with theories and discourses that help to explain correlations between ethnicity and politics; and
(2) to enable you use the relevant theoretical framework to explain politics of ethnic relations in specific case studies.
|On successfully completing the programme you will be able to:|
|Module-Specific Skills||1. demonstrate familiarity with theoretical frameworks used to interpret ethnic conflict|
2. critically apply related theories in case studies analysed in class
3. demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of responses to ethnic conflicts under investigation
|Discipline-Specific Skills||4. discuss and analyse top-down and bottom-up approaches to responses to ethnic conflict|
5. discuss and analyse historical material indicated in the reading list
6. embrace a multi-disciplinary approach in order to gain a comprehensive understanding of a particular case study
|Personal and Key Skills||7. demonstrate effective communication, oral and written|
8. work effectively in study groups with limited guidance
9. plan and produce course-work to a deadline