Undergraduate Module Descriptor
ARA3103: Advanced Arabic Language
This module descriptor refers to the 2018/9 academic year.
This module aims to develop your ability to use complex syntactical structures of Modern Arabic through a wide range of written materials, i.e. media and cultural; to develop further writing, speaking and listening skills. The module also aims to provide you with skills in demand in the job market like translation skills.
|On successfully completing the programme you will be able to:|
|Module-Specific Skills||1. Demonstrate an understanding of complex morphological and syntactical features of Arabic grammar|
2. Read or scan complex texts at a reasonable speed
3. Translate texts from Arabic to English and from English to Arabic
4. Express ideas fluently and spontaneously without obvious searching for expressions.
|Discipline-Specific Skills||5. Demonstrate an understanding of stylistic features of written Arabic.|
6. Demonstrate an understanding of audio texts and develop fluency in speaking Arabic.
|Personal and Key Skills||7. Demonstrate IT skills and carry out tasks in the language lab, using, where appropriate, audio-visual material|
8. Work independently, within a limited time frame, and without access to external sources, to complete a specified task.