New postgraduates autumn 2022
A very warm welcome to the Institute of Arab and Islamic Studies. We are delighted that you are joining us, and very much hope that you will find your time here at Exeter stimulating, challenging, and rewarding.
We're currently planning our Induction Week activities from 19 September to welcome you to the University of Exeter, so the information provided here will be changing as new details are released. Please ensure you check back here frequently for updates, as well as your personal email account, new University of Exeter email account, and your My Timetable for the most up-to date information from us. Please note you must have registered with the University and activated your IT account to access My Timetable.
If you have any questions about your induction or starting your studies, please contact your Hub: email@example.com or on +44 (0)1392 723365
Hubs are open Monday to Friday (term time) 9.00am to 5.00pm (UK time).
For everything you need to know about preparing to arrive please see the University's main website for new students.
Ahead of your arrival, please complete our online pre-arrival induction which is available via FutureLearn; your Exeter email will have a message with the link. The induction is full of important information and advice about your studies and life as a student here. It also contains activities and discussion boards so you can start to get to know other students even before you start your course.
We strongly recommend that you access this as soon as possible and make the most of this fantastic opportunity to learn more about us, your peers and your programme.
We hope you are looking forward to commencing your studies on a taught Masters with us in September. To help you settle into the university and prepare you for your studies we have arranged welcome and academic induction activities for you.
This schedule may be subject to change - always check your personal timetable online, via My Timetable, for the latest information.
|Tues 20 September||15:00 - 16:00||Department Welcome||Staff will welcome you to the Department and introduce you to your coordinator||IAIS Building/LT1|
|Tues 20 September||16:00 - 16:30||Reception||Welcome tea and coffee||IAIS Building/LT1|
|Fri 23 September||14:30 - 16:00||Social||Welcome social||IAIS Building/ Common Room|
Share your experiences, support prospective students and earn while you learn
Can you commit to one hour a week chatting to prospective students on your smartphone? Do you enjoy talking/writing? If yes, apply to become a Unibuddy Ambassador for the University of Exeter.
- Share your experiences of University life
- Build professional skills
- Improve your CV and increase employability prospects
- Support students just like you
- Earn while you learn
Unibuddy is a social platform that connects current students with prospective applicants from around the world. Through informal chats, blogs and videos, Unibuddy ambassadors offer support, guidance and information to help applicants make the right decisions about higher education.
As a Unibuddy ambassador you will:
- Answer questions from students about study, life and your experience at university (one hour per week at the standard ESA (Exeter Student Ambassador) hourly rate).
- Help students find the right information and contact details for particular departments/people at the University of Exeter.
- Check your account on a daily basis and answer questions in a timely manner.
- Keep conversations going and build up a friendly relationship with students by asking questions and being engaging.
- Provide a real insight into the University of Exeter experiences through chats, blogs and videos (a minimum of two pieces of content per month).
To be a successful Unibuddy you will:
- Be a confident communicator who enjoys producing engaging content.
- Have a positive outlook on university life and study.
- Be flexible and willing to respond to questions quickly and efficiently.
- Adopt a mature and professional approach to conversations.
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please express your interest to PGunibuddy@exeter.ac.uk. We look forward to hearing from you!
Welcome to the Institute of Arabic and Islamic Studies
A very warm welcome to the Insititute of Arab and Islamic Studies at the University of Exeter. We are delighted that you are joining us, and very much hope that you will find your time here at Exeter stimulating, challenging, and rewarding.
Professor Christina Phillips